The vision of IHG is this
“To collect and make available the possibilities, facts and research about hypnosis as a potential benefit and source of inspiration for individuals and society.”
The purpose of the guild shall be to convey knowledge of all forms of hypnosis and to further the reputation of hypnosis.
The guild shall be an assemblage where science, research, religion, psychology, medicine, folk religion, entertainment and mental training, as well as other areas in which hypnosis is practiced, are to foregather.
The guild shall fulfill its purpose through:
– proffering ethical rules
– conducting and/or supporting research
– helping to verify and certify existing knowledge
– educating about hypnosis and related areas
– informing on current legislation pertaining to hypnosis related business
– gathering and spreading objective and unbiased information via the guild’s web site, newsletters and other adequate media
– acting as spokesmen toward the press and the public
– being an open and unbiased forum for discussion
– promoting expansion and development of the craft of hypnosis through mentoring and other guiding methods
– contributing to increased interest in hypnosis through various activities
– upholding quality assurance of active members
– working as a positive inspiration and as an ambassador for hypnosis through its members and activities
– being at the disposal of consumers of hypnosis related services in its representative capacity.
See the full bylaws of IHG here >>