Dr. Bhaskar Vyas (1937) is a plastic surgeon. He has been a pioneer in the field by way of establishing plastic surgery unit at the Medical College and M.S. University, Baroda. He has trained in Edinburgh and Hahnemann Medical College, Philadelphia.
He is a visiting professor at the M.S. University, Department of Psychology, Baroda, India. He is President of The Indian Society for Clinical Hypnosis. His bifurcation to hypnotherapy was consequent to his studies and exposure to esoteric meditation practices of Hindu and Buddhist traditions.
A versatile scientific training has enabled him to advancement of Ericksonian strategies as well as to advanced understanding of Patanjali’s Raj Yoga as well as Vajrayana practice. He has published over 30 papers in the National and International journals. He has attended many National and International Conferences and made presentations in the subjects of his primary specialization as well as on hypnotherapy and meditation.
He has been examiner for Ph.D. at SVYASA, Swami Vivekanand Yoga Anusthan Sanshtan. A Deemed university, Bangalore. teaching Yoga practices.
- Surgery To-day, Gyana Gangotri Series, S.P. University, Vallabh Vidya Nagar, Gujarat, 1968
- Sex Education, Population Council of Baroda, 1978
- Towards Holistic Health, Academy of Holistic Health, Baroda, 1989
- Changing Course of Brahmaputra, Dalai Lama, the Change Initiator, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bombay,1992
- A Philosopher’s Journey, Times and Values of Rohit Mehta, Manav Vikas Kendra, Vallabh Vidya Nagar, 1996
- The Collision of Culture, Bharatiya Vidya Prakashan, New Delhi 2000
- Space-time-consciousness: The Fifth Dimension, Bharatiya Vidya Prakashan, New Delhi 2004
- Philosophy of Justice, (ed.) Bharatiya Vidya Prakashan, Ne Delhi, 2001
- The Indian Hand Book of Clinical Hypnosis, Central Book Agency, Calcutta 2006
- Experiments with Truth and Nonviolence: Survival of the Weakest, Concept Publishing Co. New Delhi , 2006
His study extends from J.Krishnamurty’s writings, Zen practices, Kashmir Shaivism and transcultural varieties of religious experiences. He as a medical doctor is involved in the spiritual aspects of healing arts and teaches these as a scientific tool in the form of hypnotherapy.
Special Therapeutic Interests: Teaching Hypnotherapy at Workshops; Personality Disorders; Hypnoanalysis; Hypnotherapy for Organic Ailments.
Tele: 0265 – 2410891